What is SpiritLeaf Ministries?
SpiritLeaf Ministries is primarily a teaching ministry focused on the spiritual history and contemporary role of Cannabis. We teach and share knowledge via the spiritleafministries.org website, social media and live presentations. Contact SpiritLeaf to come speak to your group, church, club, association, etc.
Who is SpiritLeaf?
SpiritLeaf is just a regular guy. He is a husband, father and professional computer geek. He drinks coffee, eats food, wears socks (sometimes) and does the regular things human beings do. His background is fundamental/charismatic Christianity where he usually served by playing guitar. He is drawn to words and dictionaries and etymology and looking at the meanings of the Greek and Hebrew expressions behind English Bible translation. Today he is a Rasta man and teacher with a universal interest, as all traditions/cultures have their own languages and stories though which they teach perceptions of "God".
SpiritLeaf is a teacher of biblical atonement and spiritual healing. SpiritLeaf's particular interest is in what JahShuah ("Jesus") had to say about Cannabis / Hemp, as it is the Bible's prophesied Plant of Renown; the Healing Of The Nations. His prayer is that we all be One. That's Rasta. That's universal. One Love.
Background, Credentials and Associations
- Background: 45 years of Christianity. 25 years worship leader / guitar wielder.
- Current religion: Essential RastafarI. Ras Tafar I.
- Spiritually ordained: Isaiah 61:1-3
- 420 Elder: Revelation 5:8
- Ras: 1 Chronicles 14:2-7
- Minister / Teacher at SpiritLeafMinistries.org
- Church ordaination: Universal Life Church (ULC's page on RastafarI)
- Associate Clergy, Minnesota River Valley Sanctuary and Retreat
- Founding board member, Minnesota NORML (no longer on the board)
- Minister / member, Legal Marijuana Now party
- MC / Minister / Speaker, annual Minnesota Hemp Fest
- Minister / Speaker, annual Valhalla Music & Camping Festival
SpiritLeaf is a chosen/spiritual name. Many people have chosen/spiritual names. Names like Eagle Feather, Running Deer, Cresent Moon, Black Elk and Red Cloud are some other examples of chosen or spiritual names which provide particular meaning to their holders.
The Bible articulates several such meaningful names:
- Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee. (Genesis 17:5, KJV)
- And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be. (Genesis 17:15, KJV)
- And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel. (Genesis 35:10, KJV)
- And Simon he surnamed Peter; (Mark 3:16, KJV)
- A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold. (Proverbs 22:1, KJV)
Why not use your "legal"/given name?
What we teach and express here is in accordance with the First Commandment of Jah religion which clearly articulates how to view such a thing. Babylon's "legal" name convention implies permission by which to identify and under who's authority it is granted. SpiritLeaf teaches under Jah's authority alone using the name given to him, by Jah, for this purpose.
Therefore if any man be in the anointing of JahShuah, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (2 Corinthians 5:17, KJV)
Today, there is only SpiritLeaf; the new creature. The previous man identified by secular authority (under a "legal name") no longer exists. This is the point and object of Jah religion. It is the explicit meaning of the word "church" (Greek ekklesia, meaning called out of Babylon (thus no longer of it)).
- Thou shalt have no other gods (magistrates; controllers) before me. (Exodus 20:3, KJV) Jah alone.
When Jah gives one a new name, one honors Jah by identifying with that name.
As all names express character, "SpiritLeaf" is an expression of Jah's Law.
- For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6, KJV)
Please look closely at Jah's government. It is found upon JahShuah's shoulder. "SpiritLeaf" is a spiritual name expressing, in a word, Jah's government. It is given by JahShuah for this purpose, whenever and wherever it is spoken.
Respecting Jah, god of the host (cannabis), who's smoke is the prayer of the people. [Psalm 80:4, JPV]
I am,Ras SpiritLeaf
Love one another.